EB-1B green cards are available to foreign nationals who are outstanding researchers or professors.
Organization may be able to avoid the labor certification process if the foreign national to be sponsored is a
professor or researcher who has outstanding achievements in his/her academic field. Your organization must be a
university, institution of higher education, or private employer that employs at least 3 full-time researchers and
has documented accomplishments in an academic field. To be eligible for EB-1B classification, the foreign national
- Have been extended an offer of employment;
- Have at least 3 years of teaching or research experience;
- Be offered a tenured or tenured-track teaching or comparable research position at a university, institution of
higher education, or qualifying private employer; and
- Demonstrate international recognition for outstanding achievements in his/her particular academic field.
Demonstrating international recognition for outstanding achievements in the foreign nationals’s academic field
requires submission of extensive evidence showing he/she meets at least 2 of the following criteria:
- He/she has received major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;
- He/she is a member of an associations that requires their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement;
- Articles or other material written by others about the foreign national’s work has been published in
- He/she has judged the work of others in a same or allied academic field either individually or as part of a
- He/she has made original scientific or scholarly research contributions in his/her field; and
- He/she has written scholarly books or articles that have been published in scholarly journals with international
circulation in his/her field.