K1 FINANCE VISA REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO GET ONE
Is your loved one seeking K-1 Visa guidance? Then look no further because Cohen and Tucker Law has years of experience helping people like you with obtaining a K-1 Visa.
K-1 VISA REQUIREMENTSThere are 5 requirements that you need to meet before you can begin the application to get your fiancé approved for a K-1 Visa:
- You must be a United States citizen. Green card holders are not eligible.
- Marriage Status is single. You must be single and if you were ever married before, you need to provide evidence that the marriage has been terminated.
- Must marry within 90 days. You and your fiancé must have plans to marry within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival in the United States.
- Proof that you have physically met with your fiancé in the past 2 years. You must present proof that you and your fiancé have met in-person within the last 2 years.
- Make sure you earn enough income. There are financial requirements that need to be considered before applying for a K-1 Visa. If you do not meet income requirements, there are other ways someone can meeting the income requirements such as joint sponsors and providing collateral. Call us today at (212) 840-0050 to find out if you meet the requirements for a K-1 Visa or e-mail us at email@example.com.
K-1 VISA FORMS AND PROCESSOnce you have met the 5 requirements listed above, you are now ready to fill out the forms. There are 3 forms you must fill out to complete the K-1 Visa application:
- Form I-129F. The purpose of this form is to validate the relationship. Approval of this application typically takes 6-9 months.
- Form DS-160. Once the Form I-129F is approved, your fiancé will have to fill out the DS-160 form, which is the actual K-1 Visa application.
- Interview. Your fiancé will be scheduled for an interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Time for your Fiancé to get married. When the K-1 Visa application is approved, your fiancé has 4 months to travel to the United States. Upon arrival, you and your fiancé must get legally married within 90 days.
- Form I-485. This application is called “Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.”
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO GET A K-1 VISA?The total cost of the application and forms for a K-1 Visa is $2,025. Here is the cost broken down:
- Form I-129F: $535
- Form DS-160: $265
- Form I-485: $1,225