A TN Visa allows citizens of Canada or Mexico who qualify as a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional to work in the U.S. Under NAFTA, Canadian and Mexican citizens may qualify for a TN visa to temporarily enter the U.S. to engage in business activities at a professional level. TN visas are available to professionals who are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, teachers, etc. A complete list of NAFTA professionals can be found at NAFTA list. You may be eligible for a TN visa if:
- You are Canadian or Mexican citizen;
- Your profession is found on NAFTA list;
- The position offered in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional;
- You have a job offer from a U.S. employer; and
- You possess the education, experience, and other specific requirements to practice in the profession in the U.S.