Image of chandelier light


Stay up-to-date on the latest immigration law news, with the Cohen & Tucker team's insights behind the headlines


A TN Visa allows citizens of Canada or Mexico who qualify as a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional to work in the U.S. Under NAFTA, Canadian and Mexican citizens may qualify for a TN visa to temporarily enter the U.S. to engage in business activities at a professional level. TN visas are available to professionals who are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, teachers, etc. A complete list of NAFTA professionals can be found at NAFTA list. You may be eligible for a TN visa if:

  • You are Canadian or Mexican citizen;
  • Your profession is found on NAFTA list;
  • The position offered in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional;
  • You have a job offer from a U.S. employer; and
  • You possess the education, experience, and other specific requirements to practice in the profession in the U.S.

Call us at (212) 840-0050 or complete our form to schedule a free confidential consultation.


Not sure which option is right for you? Request a confidential consultation today.